As the Federal Government arraigned the alleged masterminds of the October 2 separate bombings in Kuje and Nyanya satellite towns of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, one of the accused has pleaded guilty to the crime.
The Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) of the Federation, Mr. Mohammed Diri, on Thursday docked Adulazeez Muuhazab, Ishaka Salihu, Mohammed Jimo, Abulwaheed Nasiru and Abdullahi Nasiru on a five-count charge before Justice Abdul Kafarati of the Federal High Court in Abuja over alleged terrorism.
The accused persons except one, pleaded not guilty to the charges.
But the fourth accused person, Abdulwaheed Jimo, pleaded guilty to count four of the charge, which says that suspected Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) making materials were found on the accused persons on October 6.
In the suit marked FHC/ABJ/CR/342/2015, the prosecution brought the accused to court, pursuant to Sections 104 and 379 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015.
The AUTHORITY recalls that the accused had on October 2, 2015 allegedly carried out bomb attacks at Kuje and Jikwoyi Motor Park, Nyanya, an act punishable under Section 17 of the Terrorism Prevention Act 2013.
Count one of the charges borders on conspiracy, which is contrary to Section 17 of the Terrorism Prevention Act as amended 2013.
It reads: "That you Adulazeez Muhazab, Ishaka Salihu and Mohammed Jimo, Abdulwaheed Nasiru, Abdullahi and others now at large, on or about the 2nd October, 2015 at Kuje town and Jikwoyi Park, Nyanya, in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, within the jurisdiction of this honourable court, conspired amongst yourselves to carry out a bomb attack by use of Improvised Explosives Devices being an act punishable under Section 17 of Terrorism Prevention Amendment Act 2013," among other four similar charges.
Diri told the court that investigation into the alleged crime had been completed and that his team was ready for prosecution.
The defence lawyer, Mr. Nureni Sulyman's attempt to apply for bail for the accused orally, failed.
Justice Abdulkafarati adjourned the trial to November 17 and 24 this year.
He also ordered that the accused be moved from police custody to Kuje Prison on remand.