Saturday 21st October, 2017
Translate Language:::
Share

Nigerian Army denies alleged mass killing of Igbo youths

Nigerian Army denies alleged mass killing of Igbo youths

The Nigerian Army has refuted the ‘mass killing of Igbo youths’ allegation by the Campaign for De­mocracy (CD), an online publication recently.
Col Sagir Musa, the Deputy Director Army Public Relations of the 82 Division of the Nigerian Army, Enugu, in a state­ment in Awka on Sunday, described it as ‘an unjus­tified, invidious and over flogged accusation’.
He said the CD claimed that “no fewer than 2000 Igbo youths had been killed by the Nigerian Army under the guise of Rules of Engage­ment’’.
He said that other pub­lication allegations in­cluding ‘Military Killed 150 Pro-Biafra Protest­ers’ had also been sever­ally thoroughly refuted in many media platforms by the Nigerian Army.
“It is the same position that this rejoinder has soundly adopted.

SHARE ON: