By Ameh Ejekwonyilo
The President of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) Mr. Abubakar Mahmoud (SAN), has said the Administration of Criminal Justice Act (ACJA) is an important legislation that needs the inputs of all critical stakeholdersa�Z.
In a press statement made available to newsmen in Abuja, Mahmoud, who was represented by thea�Z NBA 1st Vice President Caleb Dajan Esq, at a state Legislative Advocacy and Sensitization Workshop on the implementation of ACJA, 2015 in Bauchi state, also inaugurated the nine member state committee assigned with state level tasks to build partnership and work in collaboration with key stakeholders working in the area of domesticating and implementing the ACJA 2015, in Bauchi state.
a�Z”ACJA is an important legislation that needs the inputs of all critical stakeholders in the state.
“I encourage the committee to build partnership and work in collaboration with key stakeholders working in the area of domesticating and implementing the ACJA 2015, in Bauchi state”, he said.
a�ZAlso speaking at the occasion, the Project Coordinator of the NBA-MacArthur ACJA Project; Muritala Abdul-Rasheed Esq, said the NBA seeks to ensure the innovations introduced in the ACJA are uniformly and independently adopted by all States of the Federation subject to local peculiarities. He said, a�?The purpose of today`s sensitization workshop with stakeholders in Bauchi state is to assemble key stakeholders, ACJ practitioners and members of the bar to galvanise support for the immediate passage of the bill by the State House of Assembly and transmit same to the Executive Governor for assenta�?.
He noted that, the project team shall hold similar workshop in eight other states of Adamawa, Edo, Jigawa, Kano, Kogi and Ogun within the next two months.
He called on the support and cooperation of all participants and partners in implementing the outcomes of the sensitization workshop without any delays.
The Solicitor General of Bauchi State, who represented His Excellency, M. A. Abubakar the Executive Governor of Bauchi State, noted that the state has already started taking steps to have the ACJA of Bauchi state.
He declared the workshop open on behalf of the Executive Governor.
In his Welcome address, the Chairman of the NBA Bauchi branch, M. M. Maidoki Esq, welcomed participants to the workshop while appreciating the efforts of the NBA President; A. B. Mahmoud OON, SAN, MacArthur foundation and the Project team for deeming it fit to come to Bauchi to hold the sensitization workshop.
ACJA needs critical stakeholders input – NBA PresidentFebruary 7th, 2018
By Ameh Ejekwonyilo
- Ohanaeze demands immediate release of Senator Abaribe
- Aisha Buhari tasks philanthropists, stakeholders on provision of technological tools for disable children
- NASS ‘distortion’ of 2018 Budget unnecessary, Buhari insists
- Buhari raises hopes of Abuja IDPs
- Ugwuanyi Best Governor Enugu Ever Had – PFN
- Beat Argentina too, Buhari tells Eagles
- Gov Ikpeazu, Sen Orji awards well deserved- Wada
- South East APC Chairmen insist on Izunaso, Enukwu, Moghalu
- Sultan of Sokoto lauds Wike on Good Governance
- Senator Bassey’s donation for mosque building stirs controversy
- DSS arrests Sen Enyinnaya Abaribe
- DSS arrests Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe
- Boko Haram: Over 2, 000 IDPS to return home, thank Buhari, Nigeria Army
- Peter Nwaoboshi: NICreL cries out over persecution of Delta Senator
- Fifa backs ref Geiger accused of asking for Ronaldo’s shirt
- Hot Volvograd weather will not affect Eagles, NFF assures
- New Zealand ref for Nigeria vs Iceland cracker
- Bishop Mike Okonkwo tourney enters round of 32
- We can win if we work hard — Rohr
- Nigeria vs Iceland: Super Eagles fight to pull chestnut out of fire
- Tension as Melaye taken to court in Lokoja
- Drama as Police re-arrest Melaye in Abuja hospital
- Breaking: Police arrest Sen. Dino Arrested at Abuja airport
- We Recovered Stolen Senate Mace Under Bridge – Police
- Breaking news: Thugs invade NASS, escape with Senate Mace
- Buhari officially declares to run for second term
- Ex-Nasarawa Governor, Doma, Dies At 75
- The Future Of Alaigbo & The Federal Republic Of Nigeria
- Ifeanyi Ubah Eulogizes Ekwueme, Says He Was a Bastion of Integrity
- We don’t have any data to back Ngige’s Claim of seven million new jobs – NBS
- Governor Simon Lalong rejects Cattle Colonies
- Ex- President, Olusegun Obasanjo writes Buhari, tells him not to seek Re-Election in 2019
- George Weah sworn in as President of Liberia
- 1 killed, another injured in attack on Plateau community
- Police investigate Gandujiyya/Kwankwasiyya clash
- Armed Forces Remebrance Day: Ganduje seeks better welfare for ex-service men
- 2019: FRCN barred me, says Buhari supporter
- Illegal Occupation: Court orders police to unseal Peace Corps’ office
- Charles Okah in safe custody, says NPS
- Meet the World’s Richest man : Jeff Bezos