By Ameh Ejekwonyilo
The President of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) Mr. Abubakar Mahmoud (SAN), has said the Administration of Criminal Justice Act (ACJA) is an important legislation that needs the inputs of all critical stakeholders.
In a press statement made available to newsmen in Abuja, Mahmoud, who was represented by the NBA 1st Vice President Caleb Dajan Esq, at a state Legislative Advocacy and Sensitization Workshop on the implementation of ACJA, 2015 in Bauchi state, also inaugurated the nine member state committee assigned with state level tasks to build partnership and work in collaboration with key stakeholders working in the area of domesticating and implementing the ACJA 2015, in Bauchi state.
”ACJA is an important legislation that needs the inputs of all critical stakeholders in the state.
“I encourage the committee to build partnership and work in collaboration with key stakeholders working in the area of domesticating and implementing the ACJA 2015, in Bauchi state”, he said.
Also speaking at the occasion, the Project Coordinator of the NBA-MacArthur ACJA Project; Muritala Abdul-Rasheed Esq, said the NBA seeks to ensure the innovations introduced in the ACJA are uniformly and independently adopted by all States of the Federation subject to local peculiarities. He said, “The purpose of today`s sensitization workshop with stakeholders in Bauchi state is to assemble key stakeholders, ACJ practitioners and members of the bar to galvanise support for the immediate passage of the bill by the State House of Assembly and transmit same to the Executive Governor for assent”.
He noted that, the project team shall hold similar workshop in eight other states of Adamawa, Edo, Jigawa, Kano, Kogi and Ogun within the next two months.
He called on the support and cooperation of all participants and partners in implementing the outcomes of the sensitization workshop without any delays.
The Solicitor General of Bauchi State, who represented His Excellency, M. A. Abubakar the Executive Governor of Bauchi State, noted that the state has already started taking steps to have the ACJA of Bauchi state.
He declared the workshop open on behalf of the Executive Governor.
In his Welcome address, the Chairman of the NBA Bauchi branch, M. M. Maidoki Esq, welcomed participants to the workshop while appreciating the efforts of the NBA President; A. B. Mahmoud OON, SAN, MacArthur foundation and the Project team for deeming it fit to come to Bauchi to hold the sensitization workshop.
ACJA needs critical stakeholders input – NBA PresidentFebruary 7th, 2018
By Ameh Ejekwonyilo
- Buratai links fall of Sambisa Forest to ‘Operation Deep Punch 2’
- FG must ensure peaceful elections in 2019, says Kontagora
- Schoolgirls’ Rescue: Christian women woos Muslim mothers
- NCC seizes N36.1m pirated items in Delta
- Enugu Speaker bags Traditional title in Zamfara
- Couple nabbed for daughter’s murder
- BIAFRA: BSO appeals to IPOB to take Ohanaeze’s advice
- Restructuring: Group seeks unity among Igbo leaders
- Halting the orgy of killings in our country
- Righting the right of way conundrum
- INEC and Election Reordering Bill
- Iconic Ifeanyi Ubah shakes Anambra South, declares for senate
- Lease expiration: Land owners issue 14-days ultimatum to Mgbuka Obosi traders
- Obiano’s aide, Akubuike gives account of stewardship, set for Njikoka 1 constituency
- Memories of ‘Omeiheukwu Super Cup’ lingers on in Oji River, Enugu state
- Obiano’s inauguration, Osodieme’s book launch and 2019 political contest
- ‘17 million deaf persons in Nigeria need special varsity’
- Why Gbagyi women formed basis of my PhD research- Nwankwo
- Nasarawa shortlists 135 graduates as special education teachers
- ABSU matriculates 6,483 students
- Ex-Nasarawa Governor, Doma, Dies At 75
- The Future Of Alaigbo & The Federal Republic Of Nigeria
- Ifeanyi Ubah Eulogizes Ekwueme, Says He Was a Bastion of Integrity
- We don’t have any data to back Ngige’s Claim of seven million new jobs – NBS
- Governor Simon Lalong rejects Cattle Colonies
- Ex- President, Olusegun Obasanjo writes Buhari, tells him not to seek Re-Election in 2019
- George Weah sworn in as President of Liberia
- 1 killed, another injured in attack on Plateau community
- Police investigate Gandujiyya/Kwankwasiyya clash
- Armed Forces Remebrance Day: Ganduje seeks better welfare for ex-service men
- 2019: FRCN barred me, says Buhari supporter
- Illegal Occupation: Court orders police to unseal Peace Corps’ office
- Charles Okah in safe custody, says NPS
- Meet the World’s Richest man : Jeff Bezos
- XENOPHOBIA | Four Nigerians in Critical Condition as South Africans attack Nigerians
- Libya Returnees Reject Edo Govt N1000 Transport Fares
- Super Eagles ready for England Challenge – Rohr
- Results of Delta State’s Local Government Elections
- One of 3 Kidnapped Reverend Sisters regains Freedom (PHOTOS)
- Meet the World’s Richest Footballer, Richer than Messi and Ronaldo, Worth €20Bn