By Ameh Ejekwonyilo
The President of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) Mr. Abubakar Mahmoud (SAN), has said the Administration of Criminal Justice Act (ACJA) is an important legislation that needs the inputs of all critical stakeholdersa�Z.
In a press statement made available to newsmen in Abuja, Mahmoud, who was represented by thea�Z NBA 1st Vice President Caleb Dajan Esq, at a state Legislative Advocacy and Sensitization Workshop on the implementation of ACJA, 2015 in Bauchi state, also inaugurated the nine member state committee assigned with state level tasks to build partnership and work in collaboration with key stakeholders working in the area of domesticating and implementing the ACJA 2015, in Bauchi state.
a�Z”ACJA is an important legislation that needs the inputs of all critical stakeholders in the state.
“I encourage the committee to build partnership and work in collaboration with key stakeholders working in the area of domesticating and implementing the ACJA 2015, in Bauchi state”, he said.
a�ZAlso speaking at the occasion, the Project Coordinator of the NBA-MacArthur ACJA Project; Muritala Abdul-Rasheed Esq, said the NBA seeks to ensure the innovations introduced in the ACJA are uniformly and independently adopted by all States of the Federation subject to local peculiarities. He said, a�?The purpose of today`s sensitization workshop with stakeholders in Bauchi state is to assemble key stakeholders, ACJ practitioners and members of the bar to galvanise support for the immediate passage of the bill by the State House of Assembly and transmit same to the Executive Governor for assenta�?.
He noted that, the project team shall hold similar workshop in eight other states of Adamawa, Edo, Jigawa, Kano, Kogi and Ogun within the next two months.
He called on the support and cooperation of all participants and partners in implementing the outcomes of the sensitization workshop without any delays.
The Solicitor General of Bauchi State, who represented His Excellency, M. A. Abubakar the Executive Governor of Bauchi State, noted that the state has already started taking steps to have the ACJA of Bauchi state.
He declared the workshop open on behalf of the Executive Governor.
In his Welcome address, the Chairman of the NBA Bauchi branch, M. M. Maidoki Esq, welcomed participants to the workshop while appreciating the efforts of the NBA President; A. B. Mahmoud OON, SAN, MacArthur foundation and the Project team for deeming it fit to come to Bauchi to hold the sensitization workshop.
ACJA needs critical stakeholders input – NBA PresidentFebruary 7th, 2018
By Ameh Ejekwonyilo
- 2019: Bornu politicians recruiting armed thugs, NSCDC alleges
- 2019: Youth group protests high cost of nomination forms
- 2019: Aspirant pledges to make education her target as Reps member
- NMA donates drugs to over 600 IDPs in Zungeru
- Agara promises monthly allowance to APC officials as Governor
- Sen. Abe: Amaechi can do nothing about my guber ambition
- I will accept outcome of PDP Presidential primary, says @AWTambuwal
- CBN injects $210m into foreign exchange market
- 2019: PDP attacks INEC over ban on mobile phones at polling units
- Okorocha: Madumere, Eche, Uwajimogu, others must apologize to me to excel in politics
- Nasarawa 2019: Al-Makura, Sen. Adamu, at war over APC governorship slot
- Presidential aspirant dumps PDP
- Osun Poll: Charlyboy’s “Ourmumundondu” group visits Ooni of Ife
- 2019: The options before the PDP (Cont. from yesterday)
- 2019: NASS repackages, reviews Electoral Bill
- Abubakar urges intermodal transport to boost port efficiency
- Police warn politicians against hate speech, violence
- SIFAX, groups train physically-challenged children
- Hoodlums kill policeman, injure another in Delta
- NPA to ensure vessel comply with ballast water laws
- BREAKING: Kemi Adeosun ‘Resigns’ As Finance Minister
- Southern leaders reject new DSS DG, describe Buhari as Nigeria’s most tribalistic leader
- Buhari drops Seiyefa, appoints Bichi DSS boss
- Tension as Melaye taken to court in Lokoja
- Drama as Police re-arrest Melaye in Abuja hospital
- Breaking: Police arrest Sen. Dino Arrested at Abuja airport
- We Recovered Stolen Senate Mace Under Bridge – Police
- Breaking news: Thugs invade NASS, escape with Senate Mace
- Buhari officially declares to run for second term
- Ex-Nasarawa Governor, Doma, Dies At 75
- The Future Of Alaigbo & The Federal Republic Of Nigeria
- Ifeanyi Ubah Eulogizes Ekwueme, Says He Was a Bastion of Integrity
- We don’t have any data to back Ngige’s Claim of seven million new jobs – NBS
- Governor Simon Lalong rejects Cattle Colonies
- Ex- President, Olusegun Obasanjo writes Buhari, tells him not to seek Re-Election in 2019
- George Weah sworn in as President of Liberia
- 1 killed, another injured in attack on Plateau community
- Police investigate Gandujiyya/Kwankwasiyya clash
- Armed Forces Remebrance Day: Ganduje seeks better welfare for ex-service men
- 2019: FRCN barred me, says Buhari supporter