FromA�Steve Oko, Umuahia
No fewer than 165 youths in Abia Central senatorial district have undergone vocational trainingA�in various branches of agriculture under the youth empowerment scheme of Senator Theodore Orji.
The Senator who disclosed this yesterday in Umuahia said 20 of the beneficiaries selected from the six Local Government Areas in the zone were trained in mechanised farming at the National Centre for Agricultural Mechanisation, Ilorin, Kwara State.
He said 80 were trained at the National Root Crop Research Institute,A�Umudike, while 65 were trained at Federal College of Agriculture, Isiagu, Ebonyi State.
Specific areas of the training include: fishery, piggery, poultry as well as soap making.
The senator who spoke through his former Legislative Aide, and Commissioner for Public Utilities, Abia State, Chief Chidiebere Nwoke, said the beneficiaries would receive take off grant along with others in an elaborate empowerment programme coming up shortly.
Orji who said over 180 undergraduates had benefited from his scholarship scheme in the last three years said he was highly concerned about the future of youths in his zone, hence his relentless efforts towards establishing them.
He further explained that the reason he decided to train more youths in agriculture was to make them part of the solution to the food crisis in society as agriculture is becoming the mainstay of Nigerian economy.
The senator said he had also attracted some major projects in the district including roads, motorized water bore holes, rural electrification and transformers.
He promised to deliver more democracy projects in the months ahead while urging youths and eligible voters in the zone to make sure the get their voter’s card to enable them participate in the 2019 elections.
Sen Orji trains 165 constituents on agricultureFebruary 14th, 2018
FromA�Steve Oko, Umuahia
- US Based Nigerian woman arraign in court over child theft
- Buhari signs 2018 Budget
- 43 years after, UniJos boundaries unsecured – VC
- INEC not against defection, says Oyo REC
- 2019: Eggon Gov aspirants mull consensus candidate to succeed Al-Makura
- Gov Bello tasked to embrace Audu’s family in politics
- Group raises alarm over open defecation at IDPs camps in FCT
- INEC decries non-collection of 73,109 PVCs in Edo
- Rivers residents pay cheapest bus fare in May – NBS
- Nigeria records over 20,000 refugees in 1 year, say UN,ECOWAS
- How 2017 Budget performed, by FG
- NAGAFF seeks return of SON, others to port
- LCCI flays FG, customs over poor trade facilitation at seaports
- KPMG’s audit work unacceptable, says UK watchdog
- Tariff: Markets fall as trade war fears mount
- Technology critical economic diversification plan – Onu
- NSE: Transactions remain negative after holidays
- Power generation rises as NNPC repairs gas pipeline
- Aba residents give Gov. Ikpeazu thumbs up for sprucing up the city’s roads
- Scores Feared Dead as Container Falls of Bridge in Ojuelegba (PHOTOS)
- Tension as Melaye taken to court in Lokoja
- Drama as Police re-arrest Melaye in Abuja hospital
- Breaking: Police arrest Sen. Dino Arrested at Abuja airport
- We Recovered Stolen Senate Mace Under Bridge – Police
- Breaking news: Thugs invade NASS, escape with Senate Mace
- Buhari officially declares to run for second term
- Ex-Nasarawa Governor, Doma, Dies At 75
- The Future Of Alaigbo & The Federal Republic Of Nigeria
- Ifeanyi Ubah Eulogizes Ekwueme, Says He Was a Bastion of Integrity
- We don’t have any data to back Ngige’s Claim of seven million new jobs – NBS
- Governor Simon Lalong rejects Cattle Colonies
- Ex- President, Olusegun Obasanjo writes Buhari, tells him not to seek Re-Election in 2019
- George Weah sworn in as President of Liberia
- 1 killed, another injured in attack on Plateau community
- Police investigate Gandujiyya/Kwankwasiyya clash
- Armed Forces Remebrance Day: Ganduje seeks better welfare for ex-service men
- 2019: FRCN barred me, says Buhari supporter
- Illegal Occupation: Court orders police to unseal Peace Corps’ office
- Charles Okah in safe custody, says NPS
- Meet the World’s Richest man : Jeff Bezos