FromA�Steve Oko, Umuahia
No fewer than 165 youths in Abia Central senatorial district have undergone vocational trainingA�in various branches of agriculture under the youth empowerment scheme of Senator Theodore Orji.
The Senator who disclosed this yesterday in Umuahia said 20 of the beneficiaries selected from the six Local Government Areas in the zone were trained in mechanised farming at the National Centre for Agricultural Mechanisation, Ilorin, Kwara State.
He said 80 were trained at the National Root Crop Research Institute,A�Umudike, while 65 were trained at Federal College of Agriculture, Isiagu, Ebonyi State.
Specific areas of the training include: fishery, piggery, poultry as well as soap making.
The senator who spoke through his former Legislative Aide, and Commissioner for Public Utilities, Abia State, Chief Chidiebere Nwoke, said the beneficiaries would receive take off grant along with others in an elaborate empowerment programme coming up shortly.
Orji who said over 180 undergraduates had benefited from his scholarship scheme in the last three years said he was highly concerned about the future of youths in his zone, hence his relentless efforts towards establishing them.
He further explained that the reason he decided to train more youths in agriculture was to make them part of the solution to the food crisis in society as agriculture is becoming the mainstay of Nigerian economy.
The senator said he had also attracted some major projects in the district including roads, motorized water bore holes, rural electrification and transformers.
He promised to deliver more democracy projects in the months ahead while urging youths and eligible voters in the zone to make sure the get their voter’s card to enable them participate in the 2019 elections.
Sen Orji trains 165 constituents on agricultureFebruary 14th, 2018
FromA�Steve Oko, Umuahia
- 42 LAWYERS SUPPORTING AKPODIETE MOVE TO STOP 2019 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION OVER NOMINATION FEES
- Osun poll: Timi Frank warns INEC over systematic rigging
- 2018 FOCAC Beijing Summit: First Ladies strengthen efforts to combat HIV/Aids scourge
- APC chieftain Yabo defects to PDP
- 2019 : police warns politicians against hate speech, thuggery
- We must allow fair, transparency to prevail in our primaries : APC senatorial
- Osinbajo chairs meeting on minimum wage
- PDP primaries: Mark warns on consequence of compromising the process
- FG searches for funds to pay new minimum wage
- Boko Haram: UN, Amnesty, Red Cross condemn murder of aid worker
- Buhari orders more assistance to flood victims
- NSCIA, CAN sign peace deal on 2019 polls
- Expect me on October 16, Fayose reassures EFCC
- South East most secured zone in Nigeria – Police
- CBN acquires 21% equity in minting company
- Depleted Revenue: Finance Minister has vindicated us, says PDP
- Bauchi Gov tasks corps members on ICT devt
- NSCDC deploys disaster officers in flood states
- Smart Phone Ban: INEC planning to rig Osun gov election – Secondus
- Re- Engineering and transformation at Federal Mortgage Bank
- BREAKING: Kemi Adeosun ‘Resigns’ As Finance Minister
- Southern leaders reject new DSS DG, describe Buhari as Nigeria’s most tribalistic leader
- Buhari drops Seiyefa, appoints Bichi DSS boss
- Tension as Melaye taken to court in Lokoja
- Drama as Police re-arrest Melaye in Abuja hospital
- Breaking: Police arrest Sen. Dino Arrested at Abuja airport
- We Recovered Stolen Senate Mace Under Bridge – Police
- Breaking news: Thugs invade NASS, escape with Senate Mace
- Buhari officially declares to run for second term
- Ex-Nasarawa Governor, Doma, Dies At 75
- The Future Of Alaigbo & The Federal Republic Of Nigeria
- Ifeanyi Ubah Eulogizes Ekwueme, Says He Was a Bastion of Integrity
- We don’t have any data to back Ngige’s Claim of seven million new jobs – NBS
- Governor Simon Lalong rejects Cattle Colonies
- Ex- President, Olusegun Obasanjo writes Buhari, tells him not to seek Re-Election in 2019
- George Weah sworn in as President of Liberia
- 1 killed, another injured in attack on Plateau community
- Police investigate Gandujiyya/Kwankwasiyya clash
- Armed Forces Remebrance Day: Ganduje seeks better welfare for ex-service men
- 2019: FRCN barred me, says Buhari supporter