A statement from Director of press at the ministry, signed by Olatunji John, said the present administration placed high premium on the fight against corruption and has enjoined Government Agencies, Private Sector, Non-governmental Organisations to join forces to fight the age-long menace hindering sustainable developmental goals and projects.
We can’t end corruption without synergy – MinistryFebruary 14th, 2018
By Daniel Tyokua
The Ministry of Power, Workers and Housing has identified cooperation among its stakeholders as the only alternative that could support the present administration’s fight against corruption.
The ministry’s Permanent Secretary, Alhaji Mohammed Bukar, stated this at the sensitisation workshop on the dangers of corruption on the economy, held Tuesday in Abuja.
He said corruption was killing the economy of the country and there was the need for all stakeholders to collaborate on overcoming the menace.
According to him, the ministry through its Anti-Corruption Unit (ACTU) organised the programme to create more awareness to the directors to ensure the sustainability of the country.
The permanent secretary, who was represented by Director Human Resource Management, Mrs Morayo Alimi, said the event was to assist in bringing together directors of all cadres on how better to key into the fight.
“We can never stop talking about anti-corruption judging by the posture of the present administration which has zero tolerance for corruption.’’
She said: “To keep sensitising people about it will help them internalise the concept and as such, cause a shift to a service free of corruption”.’’.
Just In read more
- Kemi Olunloyo blasts Nigerian youths over Big Brother Naija
- Opara Zinny, set to make waves in new Nollywood movies
- Nollywood actor, Moses Armstrong, buries wife in Uyo
- Zafaa Reloaded returns to London, November 2018
- Police parade 51 kidnappers, Armed robbers, others in Rivers
- PDP, police bicker in Kano over advise to stop rally
- Buhari hosts Dapchi girls, offers amnesty to repentant Boko Haram
- NPFL Week 14 fixtures, Table Standing
- I can make the difference, Abiodun assures Sunshine fans
- NPFL defending champions, lose fifth season game
- Heartland lose again as Akwa United win rescheduled fixture
- Biafra Shadow Govt canvasses boycott of election, FG’s events
- The General Shagaya I know
- Re.The Media, NIA and the truth
- Dapchi girls: Of sham release and cynical citizenry
- Interview with Hon. Ayeola Abdul-Kadir Abayomi
- Access Bank earnings grows to N459.1bn
- FG commissions 50 vehicles to track down illegal miners
- ‘US-Nigeria investment summit will explore untapped opportunities’
- Glo celebrates outstanding African athletes
Trending read more
- Ex-Nasarawa Governor, Doma, Dies At 75
- The Future Of Alaigbo & The Federal Republic Of Nigeria
- Ifeanyi Ubah Eulogizes Ekwueme, Says He Was a Bastion of Integrity
- We don’t have any data to back Ngige’s Claim of seven million new jobs – NBS
- Governor Simon Lalong rejects Cattle Colonies
- Ex- President, Olusegun Obasanjo writes Buhari, tells him not to seek Re-Election in 2019
- George Weah sworn in as President of Liberia
- 1 killed, another injured in attack on Plateau community
- Police investigate Gandujiyya/Kwankwasiyya clash
- Armed Forces Remebrance Day: Ganduje seeks better welfare for ex-service men
- 2019: FRCN barred me, says Buhari supporter
- Illegal Occupation: Court orders police to unseal Peace Corps’ office
- Charles Okah in safe custody, says NPS
- Meet the World’s Richest man : Jeff Bezos
- XENOPHOBIA | Four Nigerians in Critical Condition as South Africans attack Nigerians
- Libya Returnees Reject Edo Govt N1000 Transport Fares
- Super Eagles ready for England Challenge – Rohr
- Results of Delta State’s Local Government Elections
- One of 3 Kidnapped Reverend Sisters regains Freedom (PHOTOS)
- Meet the World’s Richest Footballer, Richer than Messi and Ronaldo, Worth €20Bn