A statement from Director of press at the ministry, signed by Olatunji John, said the present administration placed high premium on the fight against corruption and has enjoined Government Agencies, Private Sector, Non-governmental Organisations to join forces to fight the age-long menace hindering sustainable developmental goals and projects.
We can’t end corruption without synergy a�� MinistryFebruary 14th, 2018
The Ministry of Power, Workers and Housing has identified cooperation among its stakeholders as the only alternative that could support the present administrationa��s fight against corruption.
The ministry’s Permanent Secretary, Alhaji Mohammed Bukar, stated this at the sensitisation workshop on the dangers of corruption on the economy, heldA�TuesdayA�in Abuja.
He said corruption was killing the economy of the country and there was the need for all stakeholders to collaborate on overcoming the menace.
According to him, the ministry through its Anti-Corruption Unit (ACTU) organised the programme to create more awareness to the directors to ensure the sustainability of the country.
The permanent secretary, who was represented by Director Human Resource Management, Mrs Morayo Alimi, said the event was to assist in bringing together directors of all cadres on how better to key into the fight.
a�?We can never stop talking about anti-corruption judging by the posture of the present administration which has zero tolerance for corruption.a��a��
She said: a�?To keep sensitising people about it will help them internalise the concept and as such, cause a shift to a service free of corruptiona�?.a��a��.
Just In read more
- Estimated billing: Small scale customers embrace metering in Kano community
- Heading 2018: Deborah Daniels emerges Miss comely Queen
- China’s IPR protection boosts innovative development
- China Innovation Index reaches a new high in 2017
- Alleged money laundering: Ex-Skye Bank Chairman, Ayeni, MD get N50m bail
- 2 kills , 19 arrested as police battle arm robbers , catt!le rustlers , kidnappers in Sokoto
- Adhering to the IGP’s no roadblock order
- The many ‘sins’ of Nigerian politicians
- 2019: Ten more political parties endorse Atiku
- Nigeria’s security challenges, Murtala Nyako to the rescue
- Abia 2019 and the opposition propaganda
- Atiku is most qualified to rule Nigeria now – Anyigor
- Igbo indigenes celebrate end of the year in grand style
- LASU Media Parley/Awards: Fagbohun tasks practitioners on fairness
- SYNLAB Nigeria named ‘Laboratory of the Year’ by Health Reporters
- Nigerian bisexual killed by mob, partner’s whereabouts unknown
- Anti Buhari coalition swells as 10 more political parties sign pact with CUPP
- Former Senator, Emordi, tipped to head new National Assembly Commission
- Benue SDP crisis: Gemade declares support for Ortom
- Lagos APC buying PVCs for N10, 000, Agbaje alleges
Trending read more
- Access Bank Acquires Diamond Bank
- El-Rufai begs for another four year mandate
- BREAKING: Buhari rejects Electoral Bill 2018
- I’m not cloned — Buhari
- Nigeria wins 2018 AWCON
- Moghalu: The right man for the job and the most presidential of them all
- Bindow: Virtue, integrity and leadership
- Sokoto deputy governor resigns
- BREAKING: Anambra Speaker impeached
- AIRPORT SEARCH: I was intimidated by FG – Atiku
- Leicester City Owner in horrific copter crash
- 2019: Atiku picks ex-governor Peter Obi as running mate
- BREAKING | 2019: @Atiku Defeat others to emerge as PDP Presidential Candidate
- BREAKING: Mama Taraba resigns as minister, dumps APC
- BREAKING: Military jet fighter crashes in Abuja
- #FIFAFootballAwards: Luka Modric beats Ronaldo, Salah to win Best FIFA Player award
- CBN revokes Skye Bank’s licence, Polaris Bank to take over assets
- FG halts proposed National carrier
- FEC confirms Zainab Ahmed as substantive Minister of Finance
- BREAKING: Kemi Adeosun ‘Resigns’ As Finance Minister