A statement from Director of press at the ministry, signed by Olatunji John, said the present administration placed high premium on the fight against corruption and has enjoined Government Agencies, Private Sector, Non-governmental Organisations to join forces to fight the age-long menace hindering sustainable developmental goals and projects.
We can’t end corruption without synergy a�� MinistryFebruary 14th, 2018
The Ministry of Power, Workers and Housing has identified cooperation among its stakeholders as the only alternative that could support the present administrationa��s fight against corruption.
The ministry’s Permanent Secretary, Alhaji Mohammed Bukar, stated this at the sensitisation workshop on the dangers of corruption on the economy, heldA�TuesdayA�in Abuja.
He said corruption was killing the economy of the country and there was the need for all stakeholders to collaborate on overcoming the menace.
According to him, the ministry through its Anti-Corruption Unit (ACTU) organised the programme to create more awareness to the directors to ensure the sustainability of the country.
The permanent secretary, who was represented by Director Human Resource Management, Mrs Morayo Alimi, said the event was to assist in bringing together directors of all cadres on how better to key into the fight.
a�?We can never stop talking about anti-corruption judging by the posture of the present administration which has zero tolerance for corruption.a��a��
She said: a�?To keep sensitising people about it will help them internalise the concept and as such, cause a shift to a service free of corruptiona�?.a��a��.
Just In read more
- 42 LAWYERS SUPPORTING AKPODIETE MOVE TO STOP 2019 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION OVER NOMINATION FEES
- Osun poll: Timi Frank warns INEC over systematic rigging
- 2018 FOCAC Beijing Summit: First Ladies strengthen efforts to combat HIV/Aids scourge
- APC chieftain Yabo defects to PDP
- 2019 : police warns politicians against hate speech, thuggery
- We must allow fair, transparency to prevail in our primaries : APC senatorial
- Osinbajo chairs meeting on minimum wage
- PDP primaries: Mark warns on consequence of compromising the process
- FG searches for funds to pay new minimum wage
- Boko Haram: UN, Amnesty, Red Cross condemn murder of aid worker
- Buhari orders more assistance to flood victims
- NSCIA, CAN sign peace deal on 2019 polls
- Expect me on October 16, Fayose reassures EFCC
- South East most secured zone in Nigeria – Police
- CBN acquires 21% equity in minting company
- Depleted Revenue: Finance Minister has vindicated us, says PDP
- Bauchi Gov tasks corps members on ICT devt
- NSCDC deploys disaster officers in flood states
- Smart Phone Ban: INEC planning to rig Osun gov election – Secondus
- Re- Engineering and transformation at Federal Mortgage Bank
Trending read more
- BREAKING: Kemi Adeosun ‘Resigns’ As Finance Minister
- Southern leaders reject new DSS DG, describe Buhari as Nigeria’s most tribalistic leader
- Buhari drops Seiyefa, appoints Bichi DSS boss
- Tension as Melaye taken to court in Lokoja
- Drama as Police re-arrest Melaye in Abuja hospital
- Breaking: Police arrest Sen. Dino Arrested at Abuja airport
- We Recovered Stolen Senate Mace Under Bridge – Police
- Breaking news: Thugs invade NASS, escape with Senate Mace
- Buhari officially declares to run for second term
- Ex-Nasarawa Governor, Doma, Dies At 75
- The Future Of Alaigbo & The Federal Republic Of Nigeria
- Ifeanyi Ubah Eulogizes Ekwueme, Says He Was a Bastion of Integrity
- We don’t have any data to back Ngige’s Claim of seven million new jobs – NBS
- Governor Simon Lalong rejects Cattle Colonies
- Ex- President, Olusegun Obasanjo writes Buhari, tells him not to seek Re-Election in 2019
- George Weah sworn in as President of Liberia
- 1 killed, another injured in attack on Plateau community
- Police investigate Gandujiyya/Kwankwasiyya clash
- Armed Forces Remebrance Day: Ganduje seeks better welfare for ex-service men
- 2019: FRCN barred me, says Buhari supporter