By Daniel Tyokua
The Abuja Municipal Area Council (AMAC) Tiv Emancipation Forum (TEF), has given reasons why it hosted the former Acting Director General of Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON), Dr. Paul Angya.
Tersoo Gbermaku, Chairman of the Forum, said the former DG’s news of contesting for the position of Benue State governor was sketchy and they invited him to hear better from him.
He said the body which coordinates activities of Tiv people within AMAC was interested in the candidature of Dr. Angya and urged him to set the agenda on how to run affairs of Benue, if elected.
Gbermaku stated that the former DG’s contributions at SON and other areas within and outside the state had proved him worthy of seeking for the position.
He, therefore urged him not to be desperate about his quest but follow proper steps that would qualify him for the position.
The chairman noted that with the experience of members of the Forum, there was the need to interact with the governorship hopeful on major areas that needed urgent attention in the state.
Responding, the governorship aspirant, accompanied by some of his friends, said he was committed to the ideals that will develop Benue beyond its present status, which he assured them of doing all that would make the state attend greater heights.
Angya told the Forum members to shun politics of zoning and believe only in those that have the potentials to bring reforms that will create job opportunities and end social vices, especially the continued killing of Benue farmers by suspected Fulani herdsmen.
The forum comprises of Tiv people in Karu, Jikwoyi, Kugbo, Nyanya Lugbe, Gwarimpa and Garki among other places that make up the twelve political wards of AMAC.
Why we hosted ex-SON DG-TEFMarch 16th, 2018
By Daniel Tyokua
- Nigerian youths unequipped for 21st century challenges – Group
- Cede control of mineral development to states, Gov Emmanuel tells FG
- Judiciary’s poor public perception worries CJN
- Kidnapping: Imo community demands arrest of kinsman
- Buhari administration committed to Space research, development – Minister of Science & Tech.
- ActionAid trains Education Evaluators in Kogi
- Abia PDP Secretary visits Ukwa West, inspects project
- Imo NMA Chair laments over malaria prevalence
- NYCN Election: Aspirant defends Buhari’s comments on Nigerian Youth
- Court remands Senator Nwaoboshi in prison
- Oshiomhole: Buhari, APC have lost democratic credentials
- Access Bank shareholders approve 65 kobo dividend
- S/East govs not utilizing zone’s resources ,says Delta monarch
- FAAC disbursed N270.81bn to FG in March – NBS
- IDPs 135,500 bags of rice intact–NEMA DG
- Melaye recall :Over 1656 adhoc staff to take part in the verification exercise
- Danger Signs on Essay Writing Service You Should Know About
- Hidden Solutions to Apa Format Essay Example Uncovered
- Benue Killings: Stop this mindless killings now, Secondus charges Presidency
- NOUN denies issuing exam question on ’lazy youths’ statement
- Drama as Police re-arrest Melaye in Abuja hospital
- Breaking: Police arrest Sen. Dino Arrested at Abuja airport
- We Recovered Stolen Senate Mace Under Bridge – Police
- Breaking news: Thugs invade NASS, escape with Senate Mace
- Buhari officially declares to run for second term
- Ex-Nasarawa Governor, Doma, Dies At 75
- The Future Of Alaigbo & The Federal Republic Of Nigeria
- Ifeanyi Ubah Eulogizes Ekwueme, Says He Was a Bastion of Integrity
- We don’t have any data to back Ngige’s Claim of seven million new jobs – NBS
- Governor Simon Lalong rejects Cattle Colonies
- Ex- President, Olusegun Obasanjo writes Buhari, tells him not to seek Re-Election in 2019
- George Weah sworn in as President of Liberia
- 1 killed, another injured in attack on Plateau community
- Police investigate Gandujiyya/Kwankwasiyya clash
- Armed Forces Remebrance Day: Ganduje seeks better welfare for ex-service men
- 2019: FRCN barred me, says Buhari supporter
- Illegal Occupation: Court orders police to unseal Peace Corps’ office
- Charles Okah in safe custody, says NPS
- Meet the World’s Richest man : Jeff Bezos
- XENOPHOBIA | Four Nigerians in Critical Condition as South Africans attack Nigerians