By Daniel Tyokua
The Abuja Municipal Area Council (AMAC) Tiv Emancipation Forum (TEF), has given reasons why it hosted the former Acting Director General of Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON), Dr. Paul Angya.
Tersoo Gbermaku, Chairman of the Forum, said the former DG’s news of contesting for the position of Benue State governor was sketchy and they invited him to hear better from him.
He said the body which coordinates activities of Tiv people within AMAC was interested in the candidature of Dr. Angya and urged him to set the agenda on how to run affairs of Benue, if elected.
Gbermaku stated that the former DG’s contributions at SON and other areas within and outside the state had proved him worthy of seeking for the position.
He, therefore urged him not to be desperate about his quest but follow proper steps that would qualify him for the position.
The chairman noted that with the experience of members of the Forum, there was the need to interact with the governorship hopeful on major areas that needed urgent attention in the state.
Responding, the governorship aspirant, accompanied by some of his friends, said he was committed to the ideals that will develop Benue beyond its present status, which he assured them of doing all that would make the state attend greater heights.
Angya told the Forum members to shun politics of zoning and believe only in those that have the potentials to bring reforms that will create job opportunities and end social vices, especially the continued killing of Benue farmers by suspected Fulani herdsmen.
The forum comprises of Tiv people in Karu, Jikwoyi, Kugbo, Nyanya Lugbe, Gwarimpa and Garki among other places that make up the twelve political wards of AMAC.
Why we hosted ex-SON DG-TEFMarch 16th, 2018
By Daniel Tyokua
- Nnamdi Kanu Spotted praying in Israel
- Abdullahai Ganduje and the “Jafar Jafar” doctored videos
- Conference on counter-terrorism holds in Ekiti Oct 30
- Security challenges eroding gains of ports reforms, says SGF
- Couple sold own baby for N250,000 to pay N10,000 debt, relocate from village
- Ibori sues UK before EU human rights court
- PSC promotes 3 DIGs, 4 AIGs
- Missing General: Army parades 13 suspects
- I collected $40million from Dasuki for project – Jonathan’s cousin
- Abia pipeline explosion: unanswered questions and allegations as victims’ woes worsen
- S’East govs never opposed Obi’s nomination – Ikpeazu
- APC tasks North East zonal EXCO on 2019 election victory
- Labour Party will participate in 2019 polls
- Reps in rowdy session over Electoral Amendment bill
- EFCC Should release Fayose, then re-invite him when ready to charge him – @ConcernedNig
- Kaduna State 2019 Governorship Election: A no contest!
- PMB vs Atiku: Titbits on possible rigging of February 2019 presidential elections
- FG Extends Verification Exercise Of NAL Ex-worker
- Nasarawa APC NASS aspirants vow to support party candidates
- When problems seem overwhelming
- 2019: Atiku picks ex-governor Peter Obi as running mate
- BREAKING | 2019: @Atiku Defeat others to emerge as PDP Presidential Candidate
- BREAKING: Mama Taraba resigns as minister, dumps APC
- BREAKING: Military jet fighter crashes in Abuja
- #FIFAFootballAwards: Luka Modric beats Ronaldo, Salah to win Best FIFA Player award
- CBN revokes Skye Bank’s licence, Polaris Bank to take over assets
- FG halts proposed National carrier
- FEC confirms Zainab Ahmed as substantive Minister of Finance
- BREAKING: Kemi Adeosun ‘Resigns’ As Finance Minister
- Southern leaders reject new DSS DG, describe Buhari as Nigeria’s most tribalistic leader
- Buhari drops Seiyefa, appoints Bichi DSS boss
- Tension as Melaye taken to court in Lokoja
- Drama as Police re-arrest Melaye in Abuja hospital
- Breaking: Police arrest Sen. Dino Arrested at Abuja airport
- We Recovered Stolen Senate Mace Under Bridge – Police
- Breaking news: Thugs invade NASS, escape with Senate Mace
- Buhari officially declares to run for second term
- Ex-Nasarawa Governor, Doma, Dies At 75
- The Future Of Alaigbo & The Federal Republic Of Nigeria
- Ifeanyi Ubah Eulogizes Ekwueme, Says He Was a Bastion of Integrity