Legal Aid Council in Kano received 370 cases in 2017

March 20th, 2018

The Kano State Office of the Legal Aid Council of Nigeria on Monday in Kano said it received no fewer than 370 cases in 2017.

The councila��s state coordinator, Alhaji Abubakar Umar, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the number comprised both criminal and civil cases.

a�?Out of the number, 306 were criminal cases, which represents 82.7 per cent, while the remaining 64 were civil cases, which represents 17.3 per cent of the total number of cases,a��a�� he said.

Umar said the number of substantive cases received and handled at the High Courts was 67, with 30 at Sharia��a Court and 241 at the Magistrate Courts level.

He said 12 mediation cases were also treated, representing 18.7 per cent of the entire civil cases received.

The state coordinator added that 20 legal advices were issued, which represents 31 per cent of the total number of civil cases received.

a�?There are 303 pending cases, including those brought forward from previous years.

a�?Of these cases in arrears, 100 were won during the period, which represents 87.7 per cent of the entire number of completed cases.

a�?However, only 14 cases were lost, representing 12 per cent,a��a�� he said.(NAN)

Similar Post You May Like read more
Just In read more