From Steve Oko, Umuahia
Senator Theodore Orji representing Abia Central district has embarked on the renovation of his alma-mater primary school – St. Michael’s Primary School, Umuaokparaeze, Umuahia Ward three.
Orji also sunk a water borehole for the school owned by the Catholic Church.
Speaking during an inspection tour of the project, Orji said the gesture was borne out of his passion for pupils and staff of the school.
He said he was deeply touched by the aging facilities in the school and decided to intervene as part of the ways to appreciate his root.
The former governor said the bore hole would also supply water to residents of the area, promising to keep using his privileged position to better the lives of people.
He noted that he had also embarked on renovation and fencing of so many schools in the zone to help promote education in the district.
Orji who also acknowledged that his son, Hon. Chidenum Orji is also on similar exercise, said investment in education remained the best way of assuring a peaceful and prosperous society.
He said that while serving as governor he had given a facelift to many schools in the state including Santa-crux, his alma-mater secondary school.
Orji therefore, enjoined the management of the school to help protect the facilities so it could last long.
Responding, Rev. Father Emmanuel Meje in – charge of the Parish, thanked the senator for the gesture, describing him as a distinguished ambassador of the school.
Theodore Orji renovates alma-mater, sinks boreholeApril 16th, 2018
From Steve Oko, Umuahia
- Customers commend Access Bank’s Payday Loan
- Gov. Ishiaku accuses military of defending killer herdsmen against community
- LGA Elections: Reaction trails APC comment on Rivers PDP primaries
- Strike: JOHESU urge Buhari to intervene for Nigerians’ sake
- Non-Accreditation of Clinical arm of Medical Education in Kogi Varsity: govt promise urgent intervention
- Arsene Wenger to quit as Arsenal Manager at the End of Season
- VIP express tourism, CPC, others resolve dispute
- Ezekwesili berths Red Card Movement, says Nigerians have no business being poor
- Bosso downplays Oriental derby against Rangers
- Heartland seek redemption over Plateau Utd
- NPFL Week 18 fixtures
- Supporting charity behind my VAT Wonder Goals – Ogbugh
- I’m excited to return to Rangers – Ugonna
- Benue Initiative reacts to attack on Nigerian Army
- APC Restructuring Report: Udom meets Osinbajo over on-shore/off-shore dichotomy
- Enugu Govt votes N810m for IMT infrastructure
- Abuja Airport’s second runway to cost N67bn, says Sirika
- Ekwueme’s kinsmen meet Osinbajo over menacing erosion
- 257 Nigerians killed in herdsmen/farmers’ clashes this year – SGF
- Anger over Buhari’s denigration of Nigerian youths
- We Recovered Stolen Senate Mace Under Bridge – Police
- Breaking news: Thugs invade NASS, escape with Senate Mace
- Buhari officially declares to run for second term
- Ex-Nasarawa Governor, Doma, Dies At 75
- The Future Of Alaigbo & The Federal Republic Of Nigeria
- Ifeanyi Ubah Eulogizes Ekwueme, Says He Was a Bastion of Integrity
- We don’t have any data to back Ngige’s Claim of seven million new jobs – NBS
- Governor Simon Lalong rejects Cattle Colonies
- Ex- President, Olusegun Obasanjo writes Buhari, tells him not to seek Re-Election in 2019
- George Weah sworn in as President of Liberia
- 1 killed, another injured in attack on Plateau community
- Police investigate Gandujiyya/Kwankwasiyya clash
- Armed Forces Remebrance Day: Ganduje seeks better welfare for ex-service men
- 2019: FRCN barred me, says Buhari supporter
- Illegal Occupation: Court orders police to unseal Peace Corps’ office
- Charles Okah in safe custody, says NPS
- Meet the World’s Richest man : Jeff Bezos
- XENOPHOBIA | Four Nigerians in Critical Condition as South Africans attack Nigerians
- Libya Returnees Reject Edo Govt N1000 Transport Fares
- Super Eagles ready for England Challenge – Rohr