From Steve Oko, Umuahia
Senator Theodore Orji representing Abia Central district has embarked on the renovation of his alma-mater primary school – St. Michael’s Primary School, Umuaokparaeze, Umuahia Ward three.
Orji also sunk a water borehole for the school owned by the Catholic Church.
Speaking during an inspection tour of the project, Orji said the gesture A�was borne out of his passion for pupils and staff of the school.
He said he was deeply touched by the aging facilities in the school and decided to intervene as part of the ways to appreciate his root.
The former governor said the bore hole would also supply water to residents of the area, promising to keep using his privileged position to better the lives of people.
He noted that he had also embarked on renovation and fencing of so many schools in the zone to help promote education in the district.
Orji who also acknowledged that his son, Hon. Chidenum Orji is also on similar exercise, said investment in education remained the best way of assuring a peaceful and prosperous society.
He said that while serving as governor he had given a facelift to many schools in the state including Santa-crux, his alma-mater secondary school.
Orji therefore, enjoined the management of the school to help protect the facilities so it could last long.
Responding, Rev. Father Emmanuel Meje in – charge of the Parish, thanked the senator for the gesture, describing him as a distinguished ambassador of the school.
Theodore Orji renovates alma-mater, sinks boreholeApril 16th, 2018
From Steve Oko, Umuahia
- New Minimum wage: Labour threatens to commence strike on 26 September
- CJN sports competition: Wike pledges N45million for 1st position, others
- 2019: I didn’t betray Gemade, says Gov. Ortom
- Rivers: Group trains Security Personnel on Human Rights protection
- Ararume pledges to respect outcome of APGA guber primary
- Adamawa APC kicks against direct primary
- Osinbajo directs NEMA to supply building materials for Niger IDPs
- APC reschedules presidential primary for Sept. 25
- 2019: Ohanaeze plans meeting with all presidential candidates, insists on restructuring
- Buhari wants change in Bauchi Govt House, says ex-minister
- 2019: Pressure mounts on Akpabio to drop Senatorial ambition
- Rivers College of Health Science organises orientation for 929 new students
- An ailing country in a season of political defections
- RTEAN elects Eriyo as national president
- Group condemns INEC’s ban on cell phone ban, high nomination fees
- Buhari working hard to revive the economy – Amina Bature
- Encouraging value addition to agricultural productivity
- Jimi Agbaje picks PDP form, confirms interest in Ambode’s seat
- 2019: Nasarawa will not bow to any Godfather – Al – Makura
- National ID: Enforcement of NIN begins in January – NIMC
- FG halts proposed National carrier
- FEC confirms Zainab Ahmed as substantive Minister of Finance
- BREAKING: Kemi Adeosun ‘Resigns’ As Finance Minister
- Southern leaders reject new DSS DG, describe Buhari as Nigeria’s most tribalistic leader
- Buhari drops Seiyefa, appoints Bichi DSS boss
- Tension as Melaye taken to court in Lokoja
- Drama as Police re-arrest Melaye in Abuja hospital
- Breaking: Police arrest Sen. Dino Arrested at Abuja airport
- We Recovered Stolen Senate Mace Under Bridge – Police
- Breaking news: Thugs invade NASS, escape with Senate Mace
- Buhari officially declares to run for second term
- Ex-Nasarawa Governor, Doma, Dies At 75
- The Future Of Alaigbo & The Federal Republic Of Nigeria
- Ifeanyi Ubah Eulogizes Ekwueme, Says He Was a Bastion of Integrity
- We don’t have any data to back Ngige’s Claim of seven million new jobs – NBS
- Governor Simon Lalong rejects Cattle Colonies
- Ex- President, Olusegun Obasanjo writes Buhari, tells him not to seek Re-Election in 2019
- George Weah sworn in as President of Liberia
- 1 killed, another injured in attack on Plateau community
- Police investigate Gandujiyya/Kwankwasiyya clash