From Chidi Asonye, Aba
The management of the Abia State Polytechnic, Aba, has described A�recent reports in the social media that the institution has started employing new staff as false and misguided publications disseminated by fifth columnists and their sponsors who are bent on destabilising A�the institution for selfish political reasons.
Speaking with The AUTHORITY in Aba, the acting Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the polytechnic, Chinyere Ezeh stated that the current management of Abia State Polytechnic has not employed any new staff, as falsely reported by those sponsoring the current industrial unrest in the institution.
The claim, according to the PRO that the institution sacked some workers was also debunked as a patently false since according to her, “we are yet to complete the review of the report of the committee that reviewed suspected cases of falsification of age and other certificates by some workers”.
The management said it is working round the clock A�to pay off outstanding salaries owed workers just as it also said it is not entirely true, “that we have eleven months of unpaid wages in the school”.
It therefore assured the government and people of Abia State that it is engaging the relevant unions to ensure an early settlement of the ongoing industrial dispute.
Meanwhile, the institution has matriculated close to 3,000 students in its 24th matriculation ceremony with the Rector of the Polytechnic, Prof. Friday Ezionye Eboh, warning students on the dangers and consequences of cultism as well as exam malpractice.
His words: “May I remind our matriculating students of the compelling need to be good students.A� Abia State Polytechnic abhors cultism, examination malpractice and such other vices that run counter of moral and academic excellence.A� Always remember that this institution must find you worthy both in character and in learning.a�?
Wea��ve not employed any new staff a�� Abia PolyApril 16th, 2018
From Chidi Asonye, Aba
- New Minimum wage: Labour threatens to commence strike on 26 September
- CJN sports competition: Wike pledges N45million for 1st position, others
- 2019: I didn’t betray Gemade, says Gov. Ortom
- Rivers: Group trains Security Personnel on Human Rights protection
- Ararume pledges to respect outcome of APGA guber primary
- Adamawa APC kicks against direct primary
- Osinbajo directs NEMA to supply building materials for Niger IDPs
- APC reschedules presidential primary for Sept. 25
- 2019: Ohanaeze plans meeting with all presidential candidates, insists on restructuring
- Buhari wants change in Bauchi Govt House, says ex-minister
- 2019: Pressure mounts on Akpabio to drop Senatorial ambition
- Rivers College of Health Science organises orientation for 929 new students
- An ailing country in a season of political defections
- RTEAN elects Eriyo as national president
- Group condemns INEC’s ban on cell phone ban, high nomination fees
- Buhari working hard to revive the economy – Amina Bature
- Encouraging value addition to agricultural productivity
- Jimi Agbaje picks PDP form, confirms interest in Ambode’s seat
- 2019: Nasarawa will not bow to any Godfather – Al – Makura
- National ID: Enforcement of NIN begins in January – NIMC
- FG halts proposed National carrier
- FEC confirms Zainab Ahmed as substantive Minister of Finance
- BREAKING: Kemi Adeosun ‘Resigns’ As Finance Minister
- Southern leaders reject new DSS DG, describe Buhari as Nigeria’s most tribalistic leader
- Buhari drops Seiyefa, appoints Bichi DSS boss
- Tension as Melaye taken to court in Lokoja
- Drama as Police re-arrest Melaye in Abuja hospital
- Breaking: Police arrest Sen. Dino Arrested at Abuja airport
- We Recovered Stolen Senate Mace Under Bridge – Police
- Breaking news: Thugs invade NASS, escape with Senate Mace
- Buhari officially declares to run for second term
- Ex-Nasarawa Governor, Doma, Dies At 75
- The Future Of Alaigbo & The Federal Republic Of Nigeria
- Ifeanyi Ubah Eulogizes Ekwueme, Says He Was a Bastion of Integrity
- We don’t have any data to back Ngige’s Claim of seven million new jobs – NBS
- Governor Simon Lalong rejects Cattle Colonies
- Ex- President, Olusegun Obasanjo writes Buhari, tells him not to seek Re-Election in 2019
- George Weah sworn in as President of Liberia
- 1 killed, another injured in attack on Plateau community
- Police investigate Gandujiyya/Kwankwasiyya clash