From Chidi Asonye, Aba
The management of the Abia State Polytechnic, Aba, has described A�recent reports in the social media that the institution has started employing new staff as false and misguided publications disseminated by fifth columnists and their sponsors who are bent on destabilising A�the institution for selfish political reasons.
Speaking with The AUTHORITY in Aba, the acting Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the polytechnic, Chinyere Ezeh stated that the current management of Abia State Polytechnic has not employed any new staff, as falsely reported by those sponsoring the current industrial unrest in the institution.
The claim, according to the PRO that the institution sacked some workers was also debunked as a patently false since according to her, “we are yet to complete the review of the report of the committee that reviewed suspected cases of falsification of age and other certificates by some workers”.
The management said it is working round the clock A�to pay off outstanding salaries owed workers just as it also said it is not entirely true, “that we have eleven months of unpaid wages in the school”.
It therefore assured the government and people of Abia State that it is engaging the relevant unions to ensure an early settlement of the ongoing industrial dispute.
Meanwhile, the institution has matriculated close to 3,000 students in its 24th matriculation ceremony with the Rector of the Polytechnic, Prof. Friday Ezionye Eboh, warning students on the dangers and consequences of cultism as well as exam malpractice.
His words: “May I remind our matriculating students of the compelling need to be good students.A� Abia State Polytechnic abhors cultism, examination malpractice and such other vices that run counter of moral and academic excellence.A� Always remember that this institution must find you worthy both in character and in learning.a�?
Wea��ve not employed any new staff a�� Abia PolyApril 16th, 2018
From Chidi Asonye, Aba
- UHC: Senate takes steps to make 1% BHCPF statutory transfer
- RCCG inaugurate new exco of men fellowship in Kogi
- Police roll out standard operating procedures for SARS operatives
- Alumni undertakes water project at Abia poly
- Assassination attempt: Melaye, Police bicker
- Opposition coalition: Obasanjo pursuing wants third term bid — Oshiomhole
- 2019: Atiku declares for Presidency today
- You can’t deceive Nigerians with Nigeria Air, PDP tells Buhari
- PDP condemns burning of Sen Melaye’s Projects in Kogi
- Atiku congratulates Okonjo-Iweala on appointment by Twitter
- Ekiti: Group Slams HURIWA Over Call For Sack Of INEC Chairman
- NEMA And Maihaja’s Triumph Over Distractions
- BENUE APC: A ONE MAN Show – ORTOM
- Assassination attempt :Melaye suspend scheduled tour of his constituency
- Sokoto cement factory to focus on local consumption – BUA
- Security Operatives kills 4 notorious kidnappers in Rivers
- Photo news
- 2019: I declared early of stop opponents’ nuisance, says Buhari
- Ekiti: Int’l observers call on FG to establish Electoral Offences Tribunal
- Finance ministry train over 200 procurement officers in North central
- Tension as Melaye taken to court in Lokoja
- Drama as Police re-arrest Melaye in Abuja hospital
- Breaking: Police arrest Sen. Dino Arrested at Abuja airport
- We Recovered Stolen Senate Mace Under Bridge – Police
- Breaking news: Thugs invade NASS, escape with Senate Mace
- Buhari officially declares to run for second term
- Ex-Nasarawa Governor, Doma, Dies At 75
- The Future Of Alaigbo & The Federal Republic Of Nigeria
- Ifeanyi Ubah Eulogizes Ekwueme, Says He Was a Bastion of Integrity
- We don’t have any data to back Ngige’s Claim of seven million new jobs – NBS
- Governor Simon Lalong rejects Cattle Colonies
- Ex- President, Olusegun Obasanjo writes Buhari, tells him not to seek Re-Election in 2019
- George Weah sworn in as President of Liberia
- 1 killed, another injured in attack on Plateau community
- Police investigate Gandujiyya/Kwankwasiyya clash
- Armed Forces Remebrance Day: Ganduje seeks better welfare for ex-service men
- 2019: FRCN barred me, says Buhari supporter
- Illegal Occupation: Court orders police to unseal Peace Corps’ office
- Charles Okah in safe custody, says NPS
- Meet the World’s Richest man : Jeff Bezos