2019: Buhari can’t contest without declaring his health status – Group

May 16th, 2018

From Angela Nkwo-Akpolu, Owerri

A group, the People’s Rights Organization (PRO) has declared that President Muhamadu Buhari cannot seek second term in office unless he tells Nigerians his health status as well as his medical challenge.

The PRO President, Mr. Chris Nwadigo, made the assertion during an interaction with newsmen in Owerri, the Imo State capital on Tuesday.

He said that Nigerians cannot be taken for a ride again because they must know whether the person they are voting for is physically and mentally fit for the office.

Nwadigo said that Buhari’s governance “has been synonymous with hardship and anguish, stressing that his assumption office had been marked with “austerity, inflation and recession…”

 According to the human rights activist, under the All Progressive Congress (APC)-led government, there had not been any improvement in the lives of Nigerians despite all the fantastic promises it made during campaigns.

He said: “The President is too far removed from the people. There is a sad feeling that he does not share in the pains and sufferings of the people. President Buhari is not fit and energetic enough to pilot the affairs of Nigeria. There is absence of fresh ideas”, Nwadigo said.

He condemned what he described as high level of discrimination and inequality in the country, alleging the corruption fight was double standards and against perceived political opponents.

Nwadigo said: “Nigeria holds the record as the first country to prosecute persons on stretchers. It is not done anywhere in the world. How can you prosecute Senator Dino Melaye and even Chief Olisa Metuh on stretchers? Can’t we allow them to recover first? Will these persons be convicted the same day? There is absolutely no respect for human rights under President Buhari. We demand that all Nigerians be treated equally and respect the sanctity of human lives.”

Similar Post You May Like read more
Just In read more