From Kenneth Iguisi, Benin City
Members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Wednesday recommended the removal of Edo State Commissioner for Arts, Culture and Tourism Development, Mr Osazee Osemwegie-Ero.
The aggrieved youths accused him of meddling with the list of Ukpato Ward 6 party executives in Orhionmwon Local Government Area in the state.
The group also berated the APC Scribe, Mr Lawrence Okah for allegedly breaching the consensus arrangement in the Ward by high-ranking APC leaders led by Deputy Governor of the state, Philip Shaibu.
The APC Ward Congresses was conducted in Edo State last Saturday.
Comrade Alatsha Elvis, Ukpato ward 6 leader of APC, made these known to newsmen during a peaceful protest at APC Secretariat yesterday in Benin City, the State capital.
The youths who bore placards with different inscriptions, in the petition on the alleged change of harmonisation of Ukpato Ward executives, were presented to the state Administrative Secretary of APC, Mr Nelson Alegimenlen on behalf of the party leadership
“He (Lawrence Okah) should be sanctioned for illegally disrupting a harmonisation process that was painstakingly supervised by the state Deputy governor. This is the height of indiscipline.
The group in the petition said: “this conduct of the state Secretary is capable of undermining the peace, harmony and unity that the party endeavours to foster among its members, especially in Orhionmwon LGA”.
Responding to the allegations, the state Commissioner for Arts, Culture and Tourism Development, Mr Osazee Osemwegie-Ero, described the allegations as baseless.
He, however, urged the aggrieved youths “to continue the protest and he is not bothered”.
Also speaking, APC state Secretary, Lawrence Okah, said: “They did not alter any list, but, we are working on the list submitted by the Ward leaders”.
APC members demand removal of CommissionerMay 17th, 2018
From Kenneth Iguisi, Benin City
- BSG seeks boycott of Children’s, Democracy Day celebrations
- Bandits abduct 21 passengers, kidnap 10 others in Kaduna
- CBN accuses banks of denying pilgrims forex
- 2019: Quo Vadis APGA?
- NCPC spokesman now Fellow Of The Institute Of Management Consultants
- Adamawa APC congress: Nyako, Lawal, Marwa, Ribadu, others mull options
- Killings: Service Chiefs honour Senate summons
- FG yet to award 2nd Niger Bridge contract – Reps
- FG, States, LGs share N613bn for April
- NOVA Merchant Bank reports profit of N510m
- EFCC goes after PDP leaders in Edo, Kano, Rivers
- $16bn Power Projects: Refer OBJ, Jonathan to EFCC, ICPC, SERAP tells Buhari
- Assassination Allegation: Why Wike hasn’t been quizzed – FG
- NNPC Retail targets 30% downstream market share
- Bonny Light crude still under force majeure – Shell
- eTranzact appoints Toluwalope MD/CEO
- CBN to procure 200 tractors to support farming in Niger
- NIPOST reform process yields pragmatic business structure
- Group seeks inclusion of women in oil sector reform
- ECOWAS single currency agenda possible by 2020- Akrofi
- Tension as Melaye taken to court in Lokoja
- Drama as Police re-arrest Melaye in Abuja hospital
- Breaking: Police arrest Sen. Dino Arrested at Abuja airport
- We Recovered Stolen Senate Mace Under Bridge – Police
- Breaking news: Thugs invade NASS, escape with Senate Mace
- Buhari officially declares to run for second term
- Ex-Nasarawa Governor, Doma, Dies At 75
- The Future Of Alaigbo & The Federal Republic Of Nigeria
- Ifeanyi Ubah Eulogizes Ekwueme, Says He Was a Bastion of Integrity
- We don’t have any data to back Ngige’s Claim of seven million new jobs – NBS
- Governor Simon Lalong rejects Cattle Colonies
- Ex- President, Olusegun Obasanjo writes Buhari, tells him not to seek Re-Election in 2019
- George Weah sworn in as President of Liberia
- 1 killed, another injured in attack on Plateau community
- Police investigate Gandujiyya/Kwankwasiyya clash
- Armed Forces Remebrance Day: Ganduje seeks better welfare for ex-service men
- 2019: FRCN barred me, says Buhari supporter
- Illegal Occupation: Court orders police to unseal Peace Corps’ office
- Charles Okah in safe custody, says NPS
- Meet the World’s Richest man : Jeff Bezos