From Kenneth Iguisi, Benin City
Members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Wednesday recommended the removal of Edo State Commissioner for Arts, Culture and Tourism Development, Mr Osazee Osemwegie-Ero.
The aggrieved youths accused him of meddling with the list of Ukpato Ward 6 party executives in Orhionmwon Local Government Area in the state.
The group also berated the APC Scribe, Mr Lawrence Okah for allegedly breaching the consensus arrangement in the Ward by high-ranking APC leaders led by Deputy Governor of the state, Philip Shaibu.
The APC Ward Congresses was conducted in Edo State last Saturday.
Comrade Alatsha Elvis, Ukpato ward 6 leader of APC, made these known to newsmen during a peaceful protest at APC Secretariat yesterday in Benin City, the State capital.
The youths who bore placards with different inscriptions, in the petition on the alleged change of harmonisation of Ukpato Ward executives, were presented to the state Administrative Secretary of APC, Mr Nelson Alegimenlen on behalf of the party leadership
“He (Lawrence Okah) should be sanctioned for illegally disrupting a harmonisation process that was painstakingly supervised by the state Deputy governor. This is the height of indiscipline.
The group in the petition said: “this conduct of the state Secretary is capable of undermining the peace, harmony and unity that the party endeavours to foster among its members, especially in Orhionmwon LGA”.
Responding to the allegations, the state Commissioner for Arts, Culture and Tourism Development, Mr Osazee Osemwegie-Ero, described the allegations as baseless.
He, however, urged the aggrieved youths “to continue the protest and he is not bothered”.
Also speaking, APC state Secretary, Lawrence Okah, said: “They did not alter any list, but, we are working on the list submitted by the Ward leaders”.
APC members demand removal of CommissionerMay 17th, 2018
From Kenneth Iguisi, Benin City
- Nigeria Elites responsible for bad leadership -Prof Lumumba
- Dangiwa: Driving, repositioning Mortgage industry for effective service delivery
- 7 years after, family begins search for missing son
- 2019: No budget for foreign observers — INEC
- Senator Abe’s faction commissions APC parallel secretariat in Rivers
- Tiv area traditional council pledges sustained support for ranching law
- Give account of your stewardship, youth activist challenges Akume
- Ogundipe, Premium Times reporter, regains freedom
- Rivers Bye-election: Police deploy 1,500 personnel
- Buhari will not share money – Lai Mohammed
- Youth Group calls on @OfficialEFCC to Investigate $3.8 billion oil field project
- Detained Premium Times reporter @SamuelOgundipe regains freedom
- Eid-el-fitr: Ganduje pays August salary
- Don’t destroy our democracy, Nigerian Civil Rights Group cries out over alleged interference by EU, Uk
- WHO vows improved health status for adolescent, young people
- Foundation trains students on cardio-pulmonary resuscitation
- Nigeria’s Primary Healthcare system has failed – Dr Francis
- Buhari and APC are endangering the country – Balarabe Musa
- Catholic Priests, Laity, others endorse A1 for Imo Assembly
- 2019: Guber Aspirant promises to build on existing devt in Nasarawa
- Tension as Melaye taken to court in Lokoja
- Drama as Police re-arrest Melaye in Abuja hospital
- Breaking: Police arrest Sen. Dino Arrested at Abuja airport
- We Recovered Stolen Senate Mace Under Bridge – Police
- Breaking news: Thugs invade NASS, escape with Senate Mace
- Buhari officially declares to run for second term
- Ex-Nasarawa Governor, Doma, Dies At 75
- The Future Of Alaigbo & The Federal Republic Of Nigeria
- Ifeanyi Ubah Eulogizes Ekwueme, Says He Was a Bastion of Integrity
- We don’t have any data to back Ngige’s Claim of seven million new jobs – NBS
- Governor Simon Lalong rejects Cattle Colonies
- Ex- President, Olusegun Obasanjo writes Buhari, tells him not to seek Re-Election in 2019
- George Weah sworn in as President of Liberia
- 1 killed, another injured in attack on Plateau community
- Police investigate Gandujiyya/Kwankwasiyya clash
- Armed Forces Remebrance Day: Ganduje seeks better welfare for ex-service men
- 2019: FRCN barred me, says Buhari supporter
- Illegal Occupation: Court orders police to unseal Peace Corps’ office
- Charles Okah in safe custody, says NPS
- Meet the World’s Richest man : Jeff Bezos