From Kenneth Iguisi, Benin City
Members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Wednesday recommended the removal of Edo State Commissioner for Arts, Culture and Tourism Development, Mr Osazee Osemwegie-Ero.
The aggrieved youths accused him of meddling with the list of Ukpato Ward 6 party executives in Orhionmwon Local Government Area in the state.
The group also berated the APC Scribe, Mr Lawrence Okah for allegedly breaching the consensus arrangement in the Ward by high-ranking APC leaders led by Deputy Governor of the state, Philip Shaibu.
The APC Ward Congresses was conducted in Edo State last Saturday.
Comrade Alatsha Elvis, Ukpato ward 6 leader of APC, made these known to newsmen during a peaceful protest at APC Secretariat yesterday in Benin City, the State capital.
The youths who bore placards with different inscriptions, in the petition on the alleged change of harmonisation of Ukpato Ward executives, were presented to the state Administrative Secretary of APC, Mr Nelson Alegimenlen on behalf of the party leadership
“He (Lawrence Okah) should be sanctioned for illegally disrupting a harmonisation process that was painstakingly supervised by the state Deputy governor. This is the height of indiscipline.
The group in the petition said: “this conduct of the state Secretary is capable of undermining the peace, harmony and unity that the party endeavours to foster among its members, especially in Orhionmwon LGA”.
Responding to the allegations, the state Commissioner for Arts, Culture and Tourism Development, Mr Osazee Osemwegie-Ero, described the allegations as baseless.
He, however, urged the aggrieved youths “to continue the protest and he is not bothered”.
Also speaking, APC state Secretary, Lawrence Okah, said: “They did not alter any list, but, we are working on the list submitted by the Ward leaders”.
APC members demand removal of CommissionerMay 17th, 2018
From Kenneth Iguisi, Benin City
- School feeding programme targets 12m children in 2018 – PDU
- 2018 Nobel Peace Prize: FIDA Nigeria congratulates Mukwege, Murad
- NYSC lauds SOAR on efforts to curb child sexual abuse
- Abuja natives urge EFCC, others to investigate forgery allegation against First Bank
- My brother’s bitter encounter with suspected Boko Haram insurgents – Rivers housewife
- Stop conniving with our former chairman, Labour Party tells INEC Boss
- Ugwuanyi inaugurates action committee on Enugu Airport upgrade
- FG, stakeholders, destroy materials infected with cow disease
- Ogun state IFAD seek policy sustainability of agricultural value chain
- Small scale women farmers seek direct govt support, ownership of land
- Anambra community petitions Buhari, IGP over police harassment
- Fayose must not die in your custody, Timi Frank warns EFCC
- Atletico Madrid in shock move for Fabregas
- kabiru Dogo resigns as head coach of Nassarawa United.
- Aiteo Cup: Pillars to camp in Benin for Rangers
- Ogunbote assures on Aiteo cup
- Shippers to sue FG over infrastructure-induced losses
- Seme Customs generate over N1bn, makes 120 seizures
- NPA seeks single window for all agencies to quicken cargo clearance
- Minister pledges FG’s support for mining sector growth
- 2019: Atiku picks ex-governor Peter Obi as running mate
- BREAKING | 2019: @Atiku Defeat others to emerge as PDP Presidential Candidate
- BREAKING: Mama Taraba resigns as minister, dumps APC
- BREAKING: Military jet fighter crashes in Abuja
- #FIFAFootballAwards: Luka Modric beats Ronaldo, Salah to win Best FIFA Player award
- CBN revokes Skye Bank’s licence, Polaris Bank to take over assets
- FG halts proposed National carrier
- FEC confirms Zainab Ahmed as substantive Minister of Finance
- BREAKING: Kemi Adeosun ‘Resigns’ As Finance Minister
- Southern leaders reject new DSS DG, describe Buhari as Nigeria’s most tribalistic leader
- Buhari drops Seiyefa, appoints Bichi DSS boss
- Tension as Melaye taken to court in Lokoja
- Drama as Police re-arrest Melaye in Abuja hospital
- Breaking: Police arrest Sen. Dino Arrested at Abuja airport
- We Recovered Stolen Senate Mace Under Bridge – Police
- Breaking news: Thugs invade NASS, escape with Senate Mace
- Buhari officially declares to run for second term
- Ex-Nasarawa Governor, Doma, Dies At 75
- The Future Of Alaigbo & The Federal Republic Of Nigeria
- Ifeanyi Ubah Eulogizes Ekwueme, Says He Was a Bastion of Integrity