By Felix Khanoba
The National Examination Council (NECO) says it has not shut the door against individuals that still intend to register for the 2020 National Common Entrance Examination (NCEE) into Federal Government Colleges (FGCs) in the country.
NECO which had earlier scheduled the common entrance exam for Saturday 28 March, 2020, announced the postponement of the exercise on Tuesday as a result of incidents of corona virus recorded in several states across Nigeria.
The common entrance exam which will now take place in a future date, has now afforded another opportunity for more young Nigerians to register for the exam.
A statement made available to newsmen in Abuja and signed by Mr Azeez Sani, Head, Information and Public Relations Division of the exam body, said the Council regrets any inconveniences the postponement might have caused.
The statement read: “NECO wishes to inform all candidates, guardians and relevant Stakeholders of the indefinite postponement of the 2020 National Common Entrance Examination (NCEE) into Federal Unity Colleges earlier scheduled to hold on Saturday 28 March, 2020.
“This decision is in deference to the various measures being put in place by the Federal and State Governments to curtail the potential spread of Coronavirus (COV1D-19).
“The Management of NECO regrets any inconveniences the postponement might have caused our esteemed Candidates and other Stakeholders. A new date for the examination will be communicated to candidates and other stakeholders in due course.
“Meanwhile registration for the examination continues.”