Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State, in continuation of his benevolence and support to residents of the state, especially during this COVID-19 pandemic, through the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA), presented palliatives to the state chapter of the Spinal Cord Injuries Association of Nigeria, at her secretariat at the National Orthopedic Hospital, Enugu.
Complying with the directives, SEMA has been quietly distributing relief materials, such as rice, noodles, eggs, chicken, among other food items, to orphanage homes, hospitals, People with Disabilities (PWDs) and the poorest of the poor, to cushion the effect of the pandemic on the lives of the beneficiaries.
Some of the places visited so far include:
-Various churches in the state for the vulnerable and poorest of the poor in their communities
– PWDs at Oji River LGA, Udenu LGA, Nkanu West LGA and Enugu City
– Cheshire Home, Enugu
– Red Cross Motherless Babies Home
– Mother of Christ Motherless Babies Home
– Mother Louisa Charity Home
– Rehabilitation Centre, Emene
– Old People’s Home
– ESUT Teaching Hospital Parklane, Enugu
– Ntasi Obi Ndi No Na Afufu Hospital, Enugu
– Annunciation Hospital, Enugu
– Mother of Christ Hospital, Enugu
– Home for the Needy Children
The state government’s palliatives were also extended, today, to the State Correspondents’ Chapel of the Nigerian Union of Journalists.