By Pwanagba Agabus, Jos
As a result of the Coronavirus pandemic that has continued to ravage many countries of the world, Nigeria inclusive, Governor Simon Lalong of Plateau State announced a lockdown, in state, that is all entry routes into the state and out, with effect from 6am Thursday, 2nd April, 2020.
The State is bothering Bauchi, Kaduna, Nasarawa and Taraba States and it most especially links majority of travelers from the North-Eastern States to the FCT (Abuja).
Lalong who is the chairman of the State COVID-19 Taskforce disclosed this through the Secretary to the State Government, Prof. Danladi Atu, while journalists at the old government house in Rayfield Jos, the State Capital.
“Base on assessment of the situation, the chairman of the Plateau State COVID-19 Taskforce, His Excellency Governor Simon Lalong has directed that from 6am Thursday 2nd April, 2020, all entry and exit routes to Plateau State will be closed. No one will be allowed to come in or leave.
“As part of the enforcement of gathering for not more than 50 people especially during religious events, any group which disregards this directive will be shutdown outrightly.
He added that, “If those gatherings of not more than 50 persons must hold, the organisers should adhere strictly to 2-metre distancing, provision of water and sanitisers at entrances.
He also said traders selling food items are to henceforth maintain the 5 metres distance directive.
The Governor however said, “We are concerned that transport operators are yet to fully comply are carrying passengers as they previously did.
“We are calling them again for further engagement where they will be issued a last warning”, he stressed.